Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Celebrate The Day! – a new film camera in a big retail store!

Polaroid 300 @ Target Stores USA

In a world electronics market that predominately offers only digital cameras to consumers via “Big Box stores” like Best Buy or Walmart, it was amazingly refreshing to hear that retail giant Target (here in the US) would be offering the new Polaroid 300 camera and 300 film.

Polaroid 300 @ Target Stores USA
Polaroid 300 camera and film in-stock at the Target Store, State Rt 23, Riverdale, NJ USA

I’ve covered the Polaroid 300 camera on previous blogs, spoke about it on the Film Photography Podcast and even shot a YouTube video. I’ve been singing the praises of this new instant camera because at the heart of the matter - I believe that shooting your photos on film is a better, more rewarding experience. Instant film photography gives you something that digital currently can not...an awesome instant print to share with plenty of smiles.

Nicole's Roasted Turkey Hat
Polaroid 300 print of Nicole. I noticed her because she was wearing a “roasted turkey” plush hat at the Pizza Hut inside the Target store. Upon asking her if wearing the turkey was “required uniform” at Pizza Hut, she laughed and said “no, just wearin’ it for fun!”

- Michael Raso

In 2009, I launched The Film Photography Podcast, an hour-long, bi-monthly Internet radio program exploring my passion for film photography and covering a wide range of topics relevant to the experienced / aspiring photographer using film as a medium.
http://filmphotographypodcast.com/

Images & Text © 2010 Michael Raso

Links:

Polaroid - http://www.polaroid.com/

Target - http://www.target.com/

1 comment:

  1. Just to reiterate what I said on Flickr...I think this is a great thing. I went to pick up a 300 for my son to shoot at my wedding and they only had two left and four packs of film left. Everywhere we went, people saw the Polaroid name and instantly fell in love. The pictures are a great size, especially for his generation where they hand them around and put them in their pocket. Only bad thing? The wife wants one now too!

    ReplyDelete