Sunday, February 14, 2010

I, Hyper Critical

I did a tremendous about of shooting in January which led to many nights of scanning. With over a hundred images now on hand, I became hyper-critical of my new material.

I Love Pizza
That’s me! Shot with the Olympus Stylus 80 on Kodachrome 200 film

So, I stepped away from my work for a few weeks. When I returned, I was able to look at it all with a fresher perspective.

Fellow FLICKR members have been very helpful and encouraging by posting comments or even selecting my shots as their “favs.” So, here are some shots from the last few weeks. Hope you like ‘em.

1960 Kodak Brownie Cresta 3 Camera
The 1960 Kodak Brownie Cresta 3

Kodak Brownie Cresta 3 / Kodachrome 64
The “Little Snowman” on Kodachrome 64 using the Kodak Brownie Cresta 3 camera

Woodland Lake - Winter 2010
Woodland Lake, Pequannock, NJ USA Olympus Stylus Epic / Kodachrome 200

1959 Kodak Brownie Twin 20
1959 Kodak Brownie Twin 20

1959 Kodak Brownie Twin 20 - Camera Test
1959 Kodak Brownie Twin 20 - Camera Test
Test shots with the Kodak Brownie Twin 20
I have yet to produce a shot with a sharp focus from ANY Brownie camera


Radio City NYC - Kodachrome 64
New York’s Radio City Music Hall shot with the Canon FTb and Kodachrome 64 film

Radio City NYC -  Agfa Chrome (Cross-Processed Image)
Similar shot using Agfa Chrome 100 Cross-Processed in C-41 chemistry. Shot with the Olympus Stylus Epic camera

1954 Agfa Clack - "Your Tubby Little Plastic Friend"
The 1954 Agfa Clack 120 camera. Lomography.com calls it “Your Tubby Little Plastic Friend”

Michael Bowen and the Fantastic 9th Avenue Light Leak
Friend Michael Bowen shot (with the Agfa Clack) on 9th Ave in New York. Massive light leak most likely lab error.

Butler Center, NJ USA
Last light falls on my studio at Butler Center, Butler, NJ USA - Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim camera / Kodachrome 64

1 comment:

  1. you are becoming my favorite artist! You are prolific & dynamic & I am yet to find someone so passionate & active in the field. Thank you for the inspiration & for sharing your knowledge & work Michael!!!

    ReplyDelete